WHERE did November go? I think I blinked twice and the month was gone! December is starting to feel that way as well. I have about 11 days before I see my people (family) for Christmas. SO much to do SO SO little time! One thing for this month is done...
At work, one of the clinicians and I have started a girls' group. They have named themselves "The Freshiez." It consists of 6 girls from the freshman class. They have been identified by a screening and this group is to help them with the struggles of becoming a high schooler and having them get to know other people and talk about some issues, i.e., body image, friendships, healthy relationships, communication skills, etc. This past Friday we had something called a "lock-in." Where we were locked into the school over night. It was pretty fun. TIRING, but fun! We made pizza from scratch and homemade sauce. Some of the girls had to leave for a few hours due to school things, and a basketball game, which presented a challenge. But we had a blast none the less. Besides the basketball game, the IT guys were working on the network so we couldn't stream netflix, we had issues with keys for the cooking classroom we were using, an some other things, but all in all it went well. The girls had fun. They baked cookies, played sardines, hid from the custodians, talked and giggled the night (and early morning) away. Why Hilary (my co-facilitator) and I watched movies upstairs in the library. I worked for 26 hours straight and to say the least I was T-I-R-E-D! I didnt do much the next day and slept for most of it. I went to bed at 6. Will we do it again?I hope so! Am I looking for punishment, apparently! :o) (P.S., I LOVE my job!)
No comments:
Post a Comment