This may be a boring. No pictures. Maybe a funny story. No deep thoughts. Just an update. Though knowing me, it will be lots of words. Since the last time I posted,... Ready? Set. Here goes,...
August- I went to Gustavus twice. I loved it so much that I went back a few days later. Gustavus is where I experienced a "oh, this is why people spend their lives dreaming of here," moments. My friends the Rosnebruchs and I took a charter out fishing for halibut. It was sunny (a rare occasion) and we were surrounded by mountains and the birds were chirping and you could hear a Humpback whale breathe every now and then, and I had the thought of "this is why people spend their whole lives savinga nd trying to get here." I am belssed and fortunate enough to live in this beautiful place. It has its drawbacks like ever where, but what untouched beauty I live in. SO nice! During the second trip to Gustavus, I went fishing with this family and another family that live in my ward (church congregation). During this trip I caught TWO halibut and my freezer is brimming full with halibut! yum! So come visit me and make you some yummy fish that I caught! (yes, that WAS a shameless plug!) Other happenings in August, I went back to work.
September- Nothing big happening. Back in the groove of being back to work.
October- October was SO busy! A family in my ward asked if I would stay with their 16 year old daughter so she wouldn't be lonely while her dad had back surgery. Well, I was there longer than we anticipated. WOW what an experience! It was wonderful and I have made a new friend! The daughter was AMAZING! It was good for me to see that there are "good kids" in the world, who don't use substances and try to do well in school. With my career, sometimes I only see the bad and the sad. For those of you who have teenagers, I'm sorry and good luck!
November- The flu. ugh. My birthday. A trip to Petersburg and Thanksgiving. Due to the flu, I wasn't able to go to Petersburg when I wanted for my birthday. So, I went the week after! Like always, the time is TOO short, the company is AMAZING and I have lots of fun and laughter and some part of my body gets attacked and sat on! This time luckily, it wasn't my head! :o) My birthday was pretty low key. I celebrated with my Alaska family. With my choice of dinner, which were burritos, and yummy german chocolate cupcakes. Thanksgiving was pretty low key as well. I made a pumpkin and an apple pie. Both turned out yum! I spent it with my Alaska family and we have started a new tradition. If you have ever seen or heard of "Punkin Chunkin," It is a show about people who build catapults and trebuchets, and they catapult HUGE pumpkins in a field. We were all supposed to make one. I didn't. Instead of pumpkins, we used cherry tomatoes. It was a lot of fun! Oh my! That's my life in a smallish nutshell. Work, work, and some play time in between there. Hope you all are well! until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment