Thursday, April 7, 2011

laughing, by design

My friend Stubbs, (no that is not her real name..it's just mine for her!!) is a graphic designer. I first met her on our missions. She and I had the opportunity to serve in Mississippi together. We were both coming from tough times in both of our missions and we each had sent our mission companions home for health reasons. I was in a companionship with two other girls at this time. The three of us came home one night and as we were sitting in our "office" we received a phone call. It happened to be our mission president informing ME that I was to move on and go to a new area of this mission. My new mission companion was to be Sister Walton (a.k.a Stubbs). She was going to pick me up the next day. After many tears, and some goodbyes to some of my favorite people in Covington, Mandeville and Madisonville Louisiana, Stubbs and a member from the area I was going to, came and picked me up. Who knew that this particular companionship would bring

1. a GREAT friendship that has lasted throughout years and will continue to do so (until she gets tired of me!)
2. Some of the MOST fun I had on my mission! (Picture with a LARGE cement gorilla, anda drink at the Mississippi welcome center, Emu oil, to name a few..)
3. A LOT of healing laughter for both of us
4. Me moving to UT and happening to be one of the roomates (after our missions of course)
5. Some rousing conversation about politics and other things
6. LOTS of conversations while sitting in the stairwell, at all times of the day
7. Did I mention a friendship that will last a lifetime?

Stubbs has a blog, where I can check up on the happenings of her glorious life as she jets across the world for work. I love reading her blog. I can read her sense of humor on her blog, and it just makes me happy.... as I was saying earlier, Stubbs is a graphic designer who works for this fantastic company. The girl has skillz. I first saw them on the wall of our missionary apartment. She LOVES fonts and is able to produce said fonts in various medias. To say the least, this dear friend of mine ROCKS!!!!! Which leads me to this post. The other day, I was reading her said blog and the latest post gave me the BEST laugh I have read in a long. time. I thought, I would share the post with you. This is not her post mind you. Who knows where she got it from, but I googled it and of course found it! The post is originated from a dude, who I assume is a designer...click on the title of the story... Enjoy...

Missing Missy

3 comments:

Lisa said...

My gosh, how I love you! Like a "I'm tearing up just thinking about how grateful I am to have been your companion and friend" kind of love. Such an inspired mission president! :) And don't forget that I have mad makeup skillz. I've got the pictures to prove it. Haha!

You looking at your vacation schedule? My offer still stands . . .

Katie C. said...

Who was your mission president? I'm not sure that I knew you went to Mississippi. Scott's grandparents were mission presidents there awhile back, most likely long before your mission!

Debbie said...

That's HILARIOUS . . . and I love cats. :)