Saturday, March 27, 2010

Christmas 2009...

This past Christmas, my father and stepmother gave me what I requested. A NEW camera! yay! My old camera, was just not capturing the beauty around me and my life like I was wanting it to, that and it is o-l-d! Its a cool Nikon! A step up from a point and shoot and a step away from a SLR (my dream!). It is a nifty little thing, and when I actually read the directions, it's quite an impressive little piece of technology and heaven! Finally, I have figured out how to download the pictures. It took about 15 minutes... yea, I was just being lazy is the real answer! So below are the pictures, taken with my new little toy, and some of the happenings in December... A little late, oh well! Enjoy!


This was Christmas morning! I got up REALLY early (in reality 7am), drove to the Lea's (in my PJ's) for Christmas morning! I tell you, Christmas morning is just NOT the same without little kids. It is SO much fun! I watched the kids open their gifts from Santa in their new Christmas PJ's, played, and had a YUMMY breakfast! I think I like this tradition, that is, if I am not with my own flesh and blood!

Xander on one of his new toys. Its a video game, learning thing
that you have to pedal the bike with. SO cool! They need
these for adults!
Little sister in her "tutu " Very stylish,
especially with the PJ's!
She NEVER took it off ALL day!

Xander and Ruby opening up their stockings. Yes, Xander moves THAT fast!
Christmas Eve,... I was a baking MANIAC this year! This is not my kitchen I was dog/house sitting... that story to come later...
My friend Lynn. The last two Christmas's we have not gone home for Christmas for various reasons. Her family opens up their homemade presents to each other. They rotate names every year. This year, her sister had her and had her other sister make her a scarf. It was AWESOME!!! Something like 5 yearns were used to crochet with or something.. It was SO THICK! We had a good time this past Christmas eve, even without our families! Good thing we have each other!
So this basically was Christmas in a very SMALL nut shell. After breakfast, Lynn and I opened up our gifts from our families and each other. VERY NICE and THANK YOU!!! I then sat around and talked with my family for like 4 hours! It was a good talk with everyone! I then went to Mom and Dad Lea's house for Christmas dinner. OH MAN, can that woman cook! It was all SO fun and good! Presents were opened, food was eaten, games were played, laughter was heard. All in all, it was a GREAT Christmas, even without my family! Apparently I need to go visit this Christmas as I was told by everyone, " Where you at? I thought you would be here..." Maybe this year,... Now,... on to New Years! :o)

No comments: