Well, somehow I accidentally erased my last post, which is a bummer, because I REALLY wanted to save it. Though, the comments are still there, the post is not. ugh, computers! If anyone can help me, let me know PLEASE,.. pretty please!
I know whomever read the last post is on the edge of their seat and wondering if I am moving or staying in Juneau, or joining a circus or a cult... Edge of your seats.... So, the final answer is..... drum roll please,... ......
I have a job! I will be staying here in Juneau and will be working for the school district. I know you think that this is not new, but it is a new employer to me. The last few years I have worked FOR NCADD and contracted with the schools. I know, very confusing sometimes. But now I can say I work for the school district! I will be the Health Assistant for the same school I have currently been at. Go Falcons! I will be handing out band-aids, making sure records are up to date, handling crisis, making kids are ok, and from the nurse last year, counseling. Which is a good thing, 'cause you know, that's what I do and all! ;o) The pay is slightly decreased, but still liveable and I think I will have GREAT benefits and retirement. I am looking forward to my new position. My office is HUGE and has a WINDOW! although, it's very tiny and at the top of the wall, it's still a window! :o) I'm movin' on up in the world! My new job is not all, which to be honest, I wasn't even going to apply. My coworkers at the school encouraged and pressured me into applying,so I did!
Part of the reason that I am staying, is to finish up school. Spring/Winter semester, I will be transferring to university of Alaska, Fairbanks. I am currently a student at UAS, Univ. of AK, Southeast, but Fairbanks has the program I want, which is social work. I am about 2-21/2 years away from being, DONE, DONE, DONE with my bachelors. It has only taken me about 10 years to finish it! ha! The program is a distance program, so I think it will be a good one. MANY of the students in the program have been substance abise counselors for years and are getting their degree so they can continue doing their job, that they currently do. The substance abuse/mental health field is going towards more of a co-occurring meaning mental health AND substance abuse is treated. A lot of times that;s the case, but sometimes it's either or, Okay, now that I am WAY off topic, Basically, I start a new job and go back to school. I am pretty blessed. I have always had a feeling that everything was going to be okay and I would be fine. I did stress a little, and had to postpone a trip to Petersburg, but it's ok. It all did work out in the end, and I am VERY happy!
Now, 6 more weeks until I begin training for my new job! I better soak up the summer and relax and get things into order before my life turns into a whirl-wind! :o)
2 comments:
So glad you will still be our "neighbor"! Not sure Juneau would be any fun without you...and I really am going to try and make it stake conference this fall.
How is your new job? I hope to hear all about it soon.
Post a Comment