Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Petersburg Thanksgiving...con't

On Friday morning, after Meggan and Donnie's friend's came over to help figure out why there was no hot water, and the hot water was back on, we all showered (ah, the joys of HOT water!) and got ready for the day. There was cleaning of the living room, Christmas decorations up, leftovers, eaten, and when it was dark, I was released from my confinement, and Donnie and Meggan let me venture outside by going into town and participated in the yearly Christmas tree lighting ceremony. It was GREAT! We met about a block or two away and all carried candles, or glo-sticks, and walked down the blocks. The high school band played a few numbers, the mayor spoke and then the tree was lit. SO great. Then we walked through the stores, that were open and walked back. While waiting for the parade to begin, I was grabbed and given a great BIG hug, from Sister Jeanie Bringhurst. Sister Bringhurst lives in Petersburg. It was SO good to see her. I know her from the time I have been here in Alaska. Sis. Bringhurst was the Relief Society (womens organization through the church) President of the stake, which means she was over the Relief Society presidents of about 12 congregations. She helped if things went wrong, or help was needed, trainings, encouragement and of course love. I LOVE this woman! She is a woman of strength and great testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. She helped me a lot when I was the Relief Society president of the singles congregation here in Juneau. She is a wonderful woman to rub shoulders with.


With the help of Meggan (thanks Meggan) I have pictures! Click here to go to Meggan's blog. Meggan is a woman of many talents and how I enjoyed being with her and getting to know her better.

After walking and checking the streets of Petersburg out, and seeing MANY people I know from Juneau, we went to The Marsh's house. The Marsh's are friends of Donnie and Meggan's. They made homemade churros (SO good) and yummy and garlicky chex mix. Now I am not a chex mix kind of gal, but OH. MY. This was DIVINE! If you like garlicky yummyness, you should try this! The Marsh's are a great family and I am happy to have gotten to know them better. It was a GREAT day had by all!

No comments: