Tuesday, August 25, 2009
It's that time of year,....
colorful leaves of browns, yellows, orange and reds falling to the ground, the rain and wind that blow so strong, , the sight of Xtra-Tuff boots being pulled back on andstomping into puddles or mini lakes, coats and jackets being pulled from moth balls, the smells of freshly sharpened pencils, new erasers, the sight of new markers, colorful backpacks and clothes WITH sleeves and long pants. Which means,... The start of a new school year! That doesn't just happen for the kids in grades K-12. It includes me as well! This is the new semester in my new program. I spoke with the head of the social sciences dept. last week. We looked over transcripts, classes and discussed being a student, teacher and the coming few semesters. When I left, I felt ADVISED and was SO happy and felt like I had made a fantastic switch!!!! Nothing like my last adviser who told me that "when I get serious about school to let him know," just because I HAVE to go part time because I work full time (and sometimes more), doesn't make me a serious student? Well, I felt and recieved NONE of that from the social sciences dept. The dept feels very open and welcoming. I told mom that it feels like the dept. arms opening up to pull me in and welcome me. Corny, I know! I am excited. School starts soon. Bring on the new paper and books, lets get 'er done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Soo Andy is applying to a job in juneau. How cool would that be
Post a Comment