Friday, February 6, 2009

Tears, and cakes...







Yes, there were tears she a little this month. Okay, maybe a little more than a little. My DEAR friend Brad, left me!! He moved to Seattle. He left on the ferry with more dear friends, the Ashton's. The Ashton's were the CES missionaries(church educational system), that were here in Juneau for the last 18 months! I was there the last night to say goodbye, help pack and to see Bradley off. For those of you who do not know, I have been taking a cake decorating class. This was my first cake. I missed last weeks class from illness and schoolwork! Lots and LOTS of schoolwork! Here's some pictures of Brad and the Ashton's last night. It was about 11:30 pm maybe later,... I notice I don't have a picture of Sis. Ashton.. but here is Elder Ashton and Brad. Also, my friend Lynn. She and I went out to the glacier and walked out a little on the frozen lake. Wasn't able to go all the way to the glacier that day. Things are good up here! Snow is still falling... I keep thinking...7 days, 7 days! I will be going to California and sun in 7 days! 7 days! no snow, no rain... oh yea, and my family and friends,. did I mention sun in 7 DAYS!!!!?

2 comments:

Andy and Melissa said...

These pictures are crazy - I can't believe all the snow. It is still wierd you live in Alaska - and I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class. Lucky! Your cake looks really really good.

Jessica and Tim said...

I'm jealous that you get to go to California. Can I still raise your pressure by calling San Francisco "frisco"? I loved seeing you get mad at me. You were fun to tease. :o) Enjoy Cali. I am way envious of anyone that gets to see the sun.